Kiwifruit is good for youCheck Our Drinking Recipes
For Samosa dough :
2 tbsp ghee
1 cup flour
A pinch fennel seeds
TIP: You can also use spring roll sheets
1 cup Sungold Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
¼ cup, dried figs, soaked and chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 pinch Cinnamon powder
1 tbsp, cashew nuts, roasted and chopped
2 tbsp orange/lemon zest
1tsp orange juice
2 tbsp Biscuit crumb
Sweet Kiwifruit Samosa
- To make samosa dough:
- In a bowl combine ghee, flour and roasted fennel powder (the fat and flour need to be combined to bread crumbs before water for khasta pastry texture), add water and knead it into a hard dough.
- Rest it for 10 min.
- Divide dough into small balls out of the dough and roll into pooris, cut circles in half to enable triangular shape.
- To make filling;
- In a non stick pan, add ghee and warm it up.
- Add the chopped Sungold Kiwifruit.
- Lower the flame to low.
- Add the figs and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, zest and juice, nutmeg, and chopped cashew nut.
- Mix well. Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Fry the samosas in medium hot oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Dust the baking tray with little flour.
- To make the samosas:
- Take one half of a poori and fill it with the mixture
- Bring edges together and seal the sides.
- Arrange the samosas on the prepared baking tray as you go.
- Bake it in the oven until cooked from both the sides and serve hot with vanilla ice cream.